Color Flow-Runny Or Stiff?

Decorating By neecerator Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 9:03pm by neecerator

neecerator Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hello Friends: I made 2 types of icing today that are new to me. Royal Icing and Color Flow. The royal icing went ok. However, my color flow is very stiff, and I'm assuming it's supposed to be runny? I'm making this in prep. for my Wilton II class this coming week. Help!?

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 6

Should be looser yes.

Lorendabug Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 6

You will need some stiff and some thin for your class, so don't thin it all out. Your book should have directions on how thin to get it. Your instructor should be able to assist you in class too.

tracey1970 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:29am
post #4 of 6

We were asked to bring our color flow icing to class quite thick. You will need it like that for outlining. Then, we were instructed to thin it there, with the instructor's help. We used that for the fill in stuff. I'd err on the side of taking it too thick. It's easier to thin in class than it is to thicken if you take it too thin.

Cakepro Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:19am
post #5 of 6

You are to bring full-strength Color Flow icing to class, and in class your instructor will show you how to thin it to a flow-in consistency.

The consistency of Color Flow icing you are to bring to class should be the same as your royal icing.

Sherri (WMI)

neecerator Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you to everyone for your awesome support. I'm going to stop watching this thread now. Cheers! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%