60Th Birthday

Decorating By crazymommyof3 Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm by crazymommyof3

crazymommyof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymommyof3 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a 60th birthday cake for this Friday. The lady wants it for her husband. she just wants a 9" round with an airplane of some type. I guess he's is really sensitive about turning 60, so she wants something sort of neat written on it about being 60. I'm trying to think of something to do with planes. He doesn't fly, but he got a remote control plane for Christmas that he proceeded to crash on the first flight because he didn't watch the instructional DVD. I did find a plane that was manufactured in 1949 that I thought I'd do, but the saying! Any ideas?????

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 4

Sixty is sexy
Flying high at 60

Rather than a witty saying why not have the plane writing the 60? You know, white puffs of icing.......

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:12am
post #3 of 4

Is 'flying high' the best idea since he crashed the plane!?!? icon_biggrin.gif

Joking aside, I think that's a great line if she really wants an airplane theme!

crazymommyof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymommyof3 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 4

ha! Well, my husband found a commercial airliner that was the first one to fly in 1949. So I thought I'd do something about that. I think I'll do the plane on the top and then on the side write about it being the first commercial airliner in 1949 and that it was a very good year...something like that. ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%