What Happened To Friday Night Cake Club???

Decorating By sugarwishes Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 9:25pm by Anntee

sugarwishes Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 6:23am
post #1 of 9

What's going on with the Friday Night Cake Club??? I love hearing everyone's stories of what they're doing for the weekend.

So I'm working on a 4 tier baby shower cake for one of my really good friends. The shower is tomorrow night. I've never done a cake this large so I'm so nervous. So far it's coming out great!!!

What's everyone else up to?

8 replies
JenWhitlock Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 6:31am
post #2 of 9

sounds cute!

I'm working on a birthday cake for a mailman - it's a mailbox.
(oooh, shocking)
I'm really nervous about the stand.... hope it's strong enough - DH made it for me.

man I'm tired. on to the next cake to cover....
hope everyone is having a good evening/weekend!

jammjenks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:45am
post #3 of 9

I miss the Friday night cake club posts too. I normally didn't participate, but I liked reading them.

sugar wishes- How did the baby shower cake go?

Jen- Did your stand hold?

I worked on a small tiered birthday cake and am quite pleased with the results. I haven't posted a pic yet because I'm trying to find the inspiration pic to give proper credit. Maybe soon.

enoid Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:55am
post #4 of 9

I made a cake for our church youth group's cake auction to fund their mission trip this summer. 3 layer lemon with raspberry filling, lemon yellow icing decorated with lilacs.

edited for spelling.

korensmommy Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:00am
post #5 of 9

I miss it too! Especially when I made a cake last night that I'm pretty satisfied with (Little Mermaid in my photos). It's nice to know there are other people up decorating (and possibly stressing like me) on a Friday night!

I posted this in the cake dream thread but last week I was so stressed out b/c I overbooked, I dreamt that my husband helped me out by putting borders on all my cakes using salsa!

krysoco Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:38am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by korensmommy

I miss it too! Especially when I made a cake last night that I'm pretty satisfied with (Little Mermaid in my photos). It's nice to know there are other people up decorating (and possibly stressing like me) on a Friday night!

I posted this in the cake dream thread but last week I was so stressed out b/c I overbooked, I dreamt that my husband helped me out by putting borders on all my cakes using salsa!




I just realized that you're an hour away from me. I'm glad to know that you were 'transplanted' here. LOL
How do you prn. Koren? Specifically which syllable is stressed? I'm assuming from your pict. that its a boys name prn. like Kore-n. Just curious. THx.

korensmommy Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 1:39pm
post #7 of 9

The name Koren rhymes with the name Lauren.
Koren is Hebrew boys name, meaning shining/beaming: http://www.babynames.com/name/KOREN
I just sent you a pm!

sugarwishes Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:24am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I miss the Friday night cake club posts too. I normally didn't participate, but I liked reading them.

sugar wishes- How did the baby shower cake go?

Jen- Did your stand hold?

I worked on a small tiered birthday cake and am quite pleased with the results. I haven't posted a pic yet because I'm trying to find the inspiration pic to give proper credit. Maybe soon.




The cake was such a success. One lady said to me "I only see cakes like this on the Food Network." That was an incredible compliment for me icon_biggrin.gif My camera is giving me so much trouble that I can't get the pictures on my computer so until I figure it out, I only have a photo the mom to be sent me. The top has 2 teddy bears I made, they came out adorable, I will post a close up as soon as I can. So here it is:
LL

Anntee Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:25pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoid

I made a cake for our church youth group's cake auction to fund their mission trip this summer. 3 layer lemon with raspberry filling, lemon yellow icing decorated with lilacs.

edited for spelling.




Oh that sounds so yummy and pretty. Could you post a photo?
How'd the auction go? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%