Spray Guns Can I Use Any Type?

Decorating By Bakki Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 1:24pm by -K8memphis

Bakki Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 4:46am
post #1 of 3

Can I use any craft Spray Gun! A friend of mine bought a good one years ago for craft stuff and its a small one NEVER BEEN OPENED or used! And Ive been advised by craft enthusiasts that u can use them for cake work!

Im a lil sceptical & want to ask from all the CAKE enthusiasts out there CAN U USE a for cake spray painting?
Im just a NEWbie in this community & food preping Ive only made 3 major bday cakes for som & two for friends So Im still wet behind ears in all this! But I want to learn what I can cos Im HOOKED on Icing creations! I LOVE it & I want to start a li lbusiness doing kids/novelty creative cakes!
The spray gun I have is called a Pasche I just have to get a compressor If I CAN use this one & Im set BUT ANY TIPS would be GREAT!

Im gunna do practise runs b4 the real thing but I want a rendered effect on a cake that looks like the pictures below!
LL
LL

2 replies
tiggy2 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 3

Any airbrush will work. It's the compressor that makes the difference. You want one that you can adjust the psi on. Too much pressure and you'll blow holes in your cake. You also need a moisture trap on it.

-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 3

True, any air brush will work.

I would also recommend using a specifically made for food aka food safe unit. I mean can you be sure that there's not a lead part in there or something potentially unsavory? Not uncommon with paint not uncommon these days in lots of stuff.

Food safe is better and the only kind I would use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%