How Do I Turn Buttercream To Rolled Buttercream?

Baking By cakesmade4u Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 4:48am by cakesmade4u

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 4:25am
post #1 of 6

I have some buttercream I would like to turn to rolled buttercream do I just add the corn syrup to it? And is it hard to use or is it like fondant?
Thanks

5 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:14am
post #2 of 6

I do this a lot. I add about 1/3 cup of corn syrup to 4 cups of buttercream and then knead in enough sifted PS to get the texture of pie crust. I then roll out between sheets of parchment and firm up in the freezer or fridge before cutting shapes or attempting to cover a cake.

HTH
Rae

cakesmade4u Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:14am
post #3 of 6

I found the forums so never mind. thanks

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:34am
post #4 of 6

Mind if I cut in??? I was just getting ready to ask some questions about this topic.
can any of you give me your advice or experiences on using rolled bc? is it as easy to work with as fondant? is it something you use often?
I don't hear a lot about it so I'm going to assume it's not great but thought it might be fun to try.
Thanks

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:54am
post #5 of 6

I use it to cover odd shapes because it is self-healing with the heat of your hands. It tears easily, so this is a real plus.

No, it's not as easy at the start as fondant, but it has some nice properties for things like odd shapes, cookies, etc. You can't really make figures out of it, but you can mold it to make some flowers that normally have heavy-ish petals.

It's extremely sweet, but you can flavor it with extracts & oils.

Rae

cakesmade4u Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:48am
post #6 of 6

BlakesCakes: thanks for the extra info. I found it very helpful.. And for the second comment by me I thought I put it before any comments so It wasn't directed to you.. thanks for the responds... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%