Anyone Want To Guess?

Decorating By dailey Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 11:47pm by eriksmom

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:54am
post #1 of 8

i'm doing a bridal show in a week but have yet to make the cake samples. i'll be cutting cubes and placing them in the 2 ounce cups. does anyone want to guess how many batches of cake i will need?? i'm doing vanilla and chocolate and they are expecting about 750 brides.

i think i need to buy more ingredients but wanted to hear what you all think first, thanks!

7 replies
Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 3:05am
post #2 of 8

id make..... 200-300 servings.

they always over estimate that stuff (from my experiences.. )

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 3:23am
post #3 of 8

I generally get about 250 servings that size out of a 1/2 sheet cake. If you serve two flavors at once, alot of people will try both flavors. I would take 6 1/2 sheet cakes.

If you want to serve both flavors at once, I would bake the cakes each 1/2 white and 1/2 chocolate. That way you can serve both flavors out of one cake by cutting from both ends. Space is always an issue at these shows!

Also, you don't have to bake the cakes quite as deep as a normal cake...they still get the bite and it is easier to place in the cups.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 3:42am
post #4 of 8

Just a thought...750 brides means at least twice as many people, since a bride never goes to a show on her own. Will you give the sample to the bride only, or to the MOB or groom as well?

Charb31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charb31 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 3:44am
post #5 of 8

750 brides + the mother of said brides, + possibly the mil of said bride, + possibly the groom, sisters, best friends....uhhh yeah....start baking now.

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 4:58am
post #6 of 8

I just did a show last month that had 750 brides. I brought about 750 samples and only had a few left over. Yes, every bride brings someone, but not every bride will hit your booth. And usually the people are too polite to take more than one flavor.

For my samples, I also put them in the 2 oz. plastic suffle cups. I bake 3 11x15 sheet cakes. I then cut them horizontally and separate the layers making them only 1" high. I ice each layer then cut it up into 1" cubes and package them.

It goes very smoothly and I love not having to cut cake while trying to answer questions from dozens of brides when there's a huge rush.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 8

thanks so much, you guys were a big help! icon_smile.gif off to go bake...

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 11:47pm
post #8 of 8

i do mine the same way. i also print little labels with my business name, phone, and the flavor of the cake they are sampling so if they choose to take it home for fiancee or whomever to try, they know what they're tasting and who to call when they want to book with you because your cakes are so good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%