First Time Using Real Roses.....questions!!

Decorating By Zahrah Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 2:27am by -K8memphis

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:43pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all. I have a wedding cake due in March and the bride wants real roses. What do I need to know? Organic, of course, but when should I ask to have them - the day before? At the venue and set up there? What else should I know / ask / require?

Also, the topper will be a small bouquet...the florist is expected to make this right?

I know I sound stupid but this is the first time using real flowers, not gumpaste. Thanks!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:25am
post #2 of 3

First of all you need to know I have an ulterior motive in answering your question--I am 5 posts away from becoming a Forum SuperStar so I feel like talking roses!

But umm you would want to keep the roses from touching the cake. The stems can be inserted into straws to protect them from the cake.

What I do is contact the florist and see who I'm dealing with.

Did the bride advise you of anything specific?

In a perfect world, the best way is for the florist to make the bouquet to the decorators' specs and leave the flowers ay the venue day of so the decorator can place them.

(4 to go) icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:27am
post #3 of 3

Here's a good pointer--be prepared to sneak a few extra flowers from an arrangement if necessary. Just do it from a big one--the cake gets more scrutiny--just don't pick it bald kwim.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%