What Else Should I Do?

Decorating By tx_cupcake Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 1:17am by tx_cupcake

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 4

I've been decorating a lot of dummies lately, and I came up with this idea for a white cake with pink and brown flowers.

Anyway, this is what I have and I'm not too happy with it. I was thinking I needed to add some more brown, but now I've been looking at it too long and every idea seems bad.

What can I do to make this better? Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
LL

3 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 4

well, it's hard to see your cake but i think your issue is spacing and composition. sorry. but, you have three flowers on the top and then two on the other tiers and they are not evenly placed. you could add one more to each of the other two tiers and then make sure they go from top corner to bottom corner on each tier to make the composition more esthetically pleasing. that is if you have more flowers....

what are those flowers? what did you make them out of?
they are very unique! icon_smile.gif

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 4

It looks like it needs one more of the medium size flowers on the middle tier, left hand bottom.

LOVE the flowers. How did you do them?

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:17am
post #4 of 4

Well, I was trying to copy the pattern on this piece of fabric, and the flowers are asymmetrical which is what I liked about it. But you're right. It looks...wrong. thumbsdown.gif I guess some things just don't translate.

The flowers are brushed embroidery RI on pink fondant, cut out and "glued" to brown fondant circles. This is actually my first attempt at brushed embroidery.

I wish I could attach a pic of the fabric, but it's hard to tell what it looks like.

Sigh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%