Can I Stack 24 Hours Ahead????

Decorating By jessi01 Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 2:51am by PinkZiab

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 7

I'm doing a three tier topsy turvy and want to know If it would be safe to stack the two bottom tiers tonight.. Basicly 24hours before I deliver.. the cake is fondant 14 and 10 in. pretty heavy what do you think?

6 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:24am
post #2 of 7

I stack all my cakes the night before. Of course i haven't done a large topsy turvy cake. But if you are using the method where you cut a hole in the top of the cake so that the next cake can fit in it, i would think you wouldn't have a problem. Just make sure to properly dowel.

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:55am
post #3 of 7

As long as you are supporting the tiers well I do not think you will have a problem stacking in advance.

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:09am
post #4 of 7

I always stack my cakes the day before. Even if it's 6 tiers, it gets stacked, decorated and delivered that way. As the others said, so long as you have the proper support, it should be fine.

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:23am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pal

I always stack my cakes the day before. Even if it's 6 tiers, it gets stacked, decorated and delivered that way. As the others said, so long as you have the proper support, it should be fine.

I agree thumbs_up.gif ! I often stack the night before!

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 7

thank you so much! I use bubble tea straws for support if thats good enough support I think I am just going to stack the bottom two and finish at the site (too nervous to do it all icon_razz.gif ) but now at least It will be easier to do my bow when the cakes are already stacked.. thumbs_up.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:51am
post #7 of 7

Absolutely not a problem... al my cakes are stacked at LEAST a day (if not two) before, since I don't decorate them until they are stacked!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%