Cupcakes For Baby Shower....need Ideas! :)

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 10:39pm by VSP2205

lvspaisley Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 2

Hello!

I am fairly new to cake decorating. I don't charge my friends or family for my stuff yet...A friend of one of my close friends called today to see if I'd do 40-60 cupcakes for her baby shower. She wants a white/yellow cake and a sage green or an olive green icing. I told her I thought I could accomplish sage easier than olive...

She asked if I could put the baby's monogram on them. I am not sure that there is enough room for all three letters of the baby's monogram. I thought of doing a pretty double swirl, white nonpareils, and then perhaps doing the three letters in royal icing and putting it in a standing position on the swirl. However, if she's using a cupcake tree, that won't work because it'll be too tall for that.

Do any of you have any ideas as to how I could do this with:

Olive Green if she doesn't like the Sage ones I do for practice?

Monogram of all three letters?

Any other ideas?

I did ask for an invitation to match and work off of. I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

1 reply
VSP2205 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 2

I am currently getting my business together and I did some cupcakes just for my website that had monograms. I made the cupcakes and used a really big star tip to "swirl" the frosting on top and then I just rolled out some white fondant and used a small fluted biscuit cutter to cut out little rounds and then I piped the monogram on that. You could do something like that, because you could lay the fondant down or have it sticking up a little bit.

I think it would be really pretty to have sage frosting with the fondant round monogram. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%