Help! Cake Thawing!?! Quick Easy Response Needed

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 11:25pm by BlondiezBakery

BlondiezBakery Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 10

I have had to freeze a cake this week for decorating tonight/tomorrow.

Do I thaw the cake out with or without the seran wrap still on it?

9 replies
Teekakes Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 10

Thaw it overnight with the wrap still on it. icon_smile.gif

softgreenside Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 10

I'd like to know the answer to that question as well as i'm doing the same thing tonight.

prterrell Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 10

Unfrosted cakes - thaw with plastic wrap still on.
Frosted cakes - remove plastic wrap before thawing.

sugabear Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 10

Definitely thaw the cake still wrapped. If you thaw without it being wrapped it will dry out. Hope that helps!

BlondiezBakery Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks for the help! God...I really hope this doesn't take all night to thaw out.!!

I forgot to take them out at noon...and really wanted to start decorating in a few hours.

How long will it take?

Teekakes Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:47pm
post #7 of 10

It depends on the size/thickness of the cake and what kind of cake it is.

For me; My 8" cakes usually only take 3 to 4 hours to thaw enough to begin decorating. Chocolate cakes take a little longer to thaw than yellow or white cakes do.
icon_smile.gif

BlondiezBakery Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:23pm
post #8 of 10

argh! Looks like I will be working on it late tonight and tomorrow morning. icon_sad.gif I wish I had remembered to take it out at noon today before I had to run to a meeting.

Oh well...learning experience. I guess I can work on some fondant stuff in the time being.

BlondiezBakery Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:24pm
post #9 of 10

argh! Looks like I will be working on it late tonight and tomorrow morning. icon_sad.gif I wish I had remembered to take it out at noon today before I had to run to a meeting.

Oh well...learning experience. I guess I can work on some fondant stuff in the time being.

BlondiezBakery Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:25pm
post #10 of 10

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%