I Forgot What I Quoted The Bride....

Decorating By mellormom Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 12:37am by MichelleM77

mellormom Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 12

so now what?I gave her an estimate from the weddingwire website and didn't write it down and there is now way to retrieve it. I have the tasting on the 11th of Feb. Is it ok to just ask them what I quoted them?
This will be my first tasting and I don't want to blow it so.... icon_smile.gif
How many flavors do you guys provide at a tasting. I told her up to 3. I'll have lots of leftovers but I'm sure I can find people to give them too. icon_smile.gif (Along with a card of course. LOL)
Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

11 replies
-K8memphis Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 12

I would just wing it. I would write up the for real quote at the consult. Then if they referred to the estimate, just say well this is the actual price with the tax and all. I would just wing it. No sweat.

cupcakemkr Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 12

Good luck on your consultation Jen!

I'm with k8, give them their tasting, go over the # of servings they want and design and then give them the quote be sure you add tax to what you are thinking. Tell them the number you gave them on the inquiry was an estimate.

Hope you get the job!

marmalade1687 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 12

I always call prices that I give over the phone or email estimates - I can't know exactly what they are looking for until we sit down together and talk cake. I'd just tell them the same thing that Cupcakemkr said - it was an estimate before, and this is the quote now that we have determined the design requirements. Good luck - you'll do fine! thumbs_up.gif

mellormom Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks a lot everyone! I hope I get the job too. icon_smile.gif I'll post back when I know.

indydebi Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:22am
post #6 of 12

I don't respond to leads via the weddingwire system. I just get the bride's email/info and send it from my regular email. I hate the formats they set up for a response from we-vendors! They sound like they were written by someone whose secret fantasy in life was to be a writer and this was the only place that would pay them minimum wage to write. They are just SO BAD!!!!

iamlis Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:33am
post #7 of 12

Jeez...Indy-don't hold back how you really feel! LOL!

indydebi Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:39am
post #8 of 12
Originally Posted by iamlis

Jeez...Indy-don't hold back how you really feel! LOL!

I used to have a post-it notepad that a co-worker gave me for Christmas. It had Garfield (the cat) on it and said, "Tact is for Wienies!" I burst out laughing and proclaimed it was made JUST for me!

I just finished putting in a 15 hour catering day ... and have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to do it all over again tomorrow. Too tired to try to figure out that "tact" thing! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mellormom Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 12:40pm
post #9 of 12

I have sence stopped replying via the sebd estimate because it was to cookie cutter. But I responded to her via the estimate. I actually get a lot of leads through that site but this is the fist bite.

MichelleM77 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 12

I have a listing on Wedding Wire, but I delete their paragraph and put my own in. You don't have to use theirs. You can also log in and see your communication to the bride, even the expired listings and private messages. ???

mellormom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 11:31am
post #11 of 12

Thanks Michelle. I was cutting the paragraph too but I still prefered my own e-mail. I'm not sure you can see what you quoted someone but I will deffinately try it!

MichelleM77 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:37am
post #12 of 12
Originally Posted by mellormom

I'm not sure you can see what you quoted someone but I will deffinately try it!

Yep, you can! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%