Help!!! Wafer Or Frosting Sheets??/

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 11:12pm by kakeladi

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 2

ok, been here for sometime now..thanks to all. Question, please give details on this. Which is best Wafer paper or Frosting Sheets, and is either of this the same as Icing paper?

I heard that one, you can place on the cake and it melts into the cake cant tell its not the cake, but there is one you can when you cut the cake, it wont tear/cut right...sticks together, so which one is it?

With either of these are you able to freehand on, use in printer, airbrush? which one is easier? Any tips or ideas? I have a aibrbrush kid I rec'd on my bday in July...havent used it yet...scared, also a printer for cakes...same thing..I know Im bad...lol, but Im still new to this. You can see some of my kids in here.

THANKS ALL!!!

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 2

Wafer paper (sometimes called Rice paper but the correct name is Wafer paper) is what was used to make drawings long before frosting sheet came out. I used it some 15-25 yrs ago a lot. They are used by drawing on them freehand. If you airbrush them it will curl up. One has to be super careful when freehand coloring on them. It sort of melts into the icing but some say it is hard to cut through.
Frosting Sheets are (from what I hear) a super thin fondant sheet. You are able to use them freehand, in a printer or airbrushed.
I find these better than wafer paper - it's just the new, improved versionicon_smile.gif
If you have a printer I'd say that's the way to go. Using an airbrush is fine but if you don't know how to handle it you can have problems.
But then if you don't know how it use the printer you can have probelms too icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%