Help With Making A Baseball Cap

Decorating By Rosiepan Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 4:14pm by Rosiepan

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 5

I fancy having a go at making a baseball hat for my son's best friend and would appreciate any advice on how to do one.
Are there any templates for the brim and logo's as I put baseball cap on the search and only got pictures.Or does any one have any step by step instructions?
Thanks in advance,
Rosie

4 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 5

I used 1/2 ball pan for mine...for the brim, I cut paper to the siz I thought it shoild be, then I used 1/2 fondant, 1/2 gum paste for the brim and let it set-up and get hard...mine is part of a grooms cake on my website..."sports lover" cake

Rosiepan Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 11:06am
post #3 of 5

Thanks for replying.
I have asked for help because we do not posess a baseball cap that I could use as a guide and didn't really want to buy one. As it will be a suprise I didn't want to ask his friend for 1.
My problem is I do not have a ball pan so I hope to be able to use a pudding basin for the cap. If there were templates for the brim and logos' (he wears lots of different types) it would make things easier.
Rosie

ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 11:49am
post #4 of 5

I made a Philadelphia Phillies baseball cap as the topper for my best friend's son's 13th birthday. Since my cap was the topper, I made it out of rice crispy treats (without butter) and pressed in bowl, then covered with fondant. I wanted the cap to look worn, so besides the stitch marks, etc., I used vodka and brown food coloring to add shading.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1252232.html

Otherwise, I found this weblink online which may help you....
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50102

Hope I could help!!!!
~ Jaime

Rosiepan Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 5

Jaime,
I love your cake and I like the look of the baseball cap, you did a fantastic job but I am looking to make the hat the cake as a small gift for my son to give his friend who is turning 15 this month. He is not having a party just a day out.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for the link which may be of use for reference.I really appreciate it.
Rosie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%