Large Batch Of Buttercream

Decorating By harrisonsmama Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 6:47pm by butterfly831915

harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 5

I make french buttercream and am wondering how it would do if I quadrupled the recipe. OUr chef and pastry chef have been converting all of the recipes and to tell you the truth- no one like his buttercream. He has such a huge ego we don't dare ask him. Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Should I post the recipe?

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 5

I've not heard of French buttercream. I make Italian Meringue Buttercream and have doubled the recipe with no problems (my mixer won't hold more than a double batch, but if I had an industrial mixer I'm sure it could be quadrupled or more without problems). Could you post your recipe?

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 5

def, post the recipe..

harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 5

3lbs unsalted swet cream butter- room temp
3 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups egg whites
2 tbs vanilla or other flavoring

add sugar and egg whites into a heat safe bowl. over a double boiler, whisk this mixture until the sugar is dissolved, the misture will have a white fluffy apperance and be hot to touch. Place mixture in a mixer on high until stiff peak stage. Slowly add butter until combined. add flavor.

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 5

I think you'd be fine as long as your mixer isn't to large. Maybe just double batch it if you're not sure. Sounds yummy!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%