So Frustrated!!

Decorating By shannon100 Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm by shannon100

shannon100 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 4

This isn't really a disaster, but it's definitely a frustration!! I have been looking forward for 2 weeks to this cake I'm making for a charity auction for my husband's school. I had everything ready to go this morning, oven preheating, ingredients out. I go to open my box mix, and as soon as I open the box, I see powder. I pull out the bag, and it's split open at the seam!!! The box wasn't damaged at all, but the bag was completely open! The mix spilled all in the box and all over my counter. Grr!!

I had to go to the local grocery store and pick up a new mix. I avoid the local store as much as I can because it's so expensive! I had to pay $1.40, where I normally pay $0.90. Not fun! I WILL be writing a letter to the company!! (Not sharing here, because it's not so much a vent about the company, just a vent at my inconvenience, and I do really like this company and will probably continue to buy this brand.) I saved the other box, because I'll probably go ahead and take it back to the store where I bought it (20 miles away). I go there once a week anyway, so hopefully they'll give me my money back or a new cake mix.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. I was just frustrated this morning at having to get out of the house before I've even started my day. Thanks for "listening" to me vent!

3 replies
peg818 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 4

check the side of the box usually there is an 800 number that you can call and complain about the bag being split. If its one of the major brands they will probably send you a coupon for another mix. Make sure to have the original box so you can give the code number off the side of it.

And $1.40 isn't so bad for a cake mix that isn't on sale, here they are running about 2.49 when they aren't on sale.

Ayanami Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 4

Emergency runs to the store SUCK! thumbsdown.gif I've had to do that waaay too many times to count. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm sure your cakes will rock though! can't wait to see it!

shannon100 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies! Peg, I can't believe it's so much! I just read an article about how high the cost of living is in New York!! $60,000 is the equivalent of $26,000 here! Insane!

I haven't written a letter, but I'll write it this weekend or call Monday. Thanks for the tip on the phone number. I didn't even think about looking!

Here's my cake. The cake is SO GOOD!!! I love when I have to level a cake and get to eat the scraps!! haha. Guess that's why I've put on a few pounds! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%