Pirouette Quantity?

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 5:48am by chilz822

chilz822 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 7:33am
post #1 of 4

Any idea how many Pirouette cookies it takes to surround a 12" round cake? I've been looking for a simple but impressive design for a strawberry/cream cheese cake and I think this may be it!

We have a Pepperidge Farm outlet here and I'm curious how many pkgs I'll need to buy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all so much!

3 replies
Doug Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 4

when I did my niece's wedding cake (in photos) the bottom 10" tier took about 8 cans due to:

>breakage in the can (about 1/4 to 1/3 broken right from the store)
>more breakage while getting the to proper length for tier -- they didn't always break where they were "supposed to"

so..... my advice....

buy at least 8 cans or even 10 or 12 and plan to use any extras and the broken parts as a side snack or extra decoration on serving plates

(i had about a 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate BC left -- so put it out w/ the leftover pirouettes for guests to use as "cookies & dip"

Doug Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 4

when I did my niece's wedding cake (in photos) the bottom 10" tier took about 8 cans due to:

>breakage in the can (about 1/4 to 1/3 broken right from the store)
>more breakage while getting the to proper length for tier -- they didn't always break where they were "supposed to"

so..... my advice....

buy at least 8 cans or even 10 or 12 and plan to use any extras and the broken parts as a side snack or extra decoration on serving plates

(i had about a 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate BC left -- so put it out w/ the leftover pirouettes for guests to use as "cookies & dip"

chilz822 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 5:48am
post #4 of 4

Excellent, thank you so much for the info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%