Quick Help Please - Forgot Filling!!!

Decorating By StaceyC3 Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 3:42am by StaceyC3

StaceyC3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyC3 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:42am
post #1 of 7

Oh please - anyone who's still up...I have a kitchen full of iced (but still undecorated) cakes sitting in my kitchen, all due tomorrow. I just finished stacking two tiers for one of my orders, just getting ready to decorate - and I just realized it's supposed to have raspberry filling!

What can I do? Or do I just have to start it all over (it's MIDNIGHT!).

Anybody?

6 replies
StaceyC3 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 6:00am
post #2 of 7

Can anybody help me? Can I fill this cake somehow without taking it all apart / re-baking?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:21am
post #3 of 7

if you had a syringe type thing for piping icing, maybe you could use it to squeeze in some filling? like donuts - it woudnt be a nice smooth layer, but maybe you could get away with it.
otherwise your going to have to try and tke it apart, maybe you could get away with some fancy cover up work.
i hope u manage something!
xx

StaceyC3 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you for your help, brincess_b...that's kind of what I ended up doing. My filling tip wasn't long enough for 4" of cake, so I disassembled the layers and made holes with an apple corer, then filled them with filling. I was able to patch everything up so that you'd never know! I'm slightly worried about the structural integrity of the cake now, but it is properly doweled and all that. Guess we'll see.

Anybody know if my cake is going to crumble now because of how I filled it??? icon_redface.gif

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 7

Stacey-how did things work out after we talked yesterday? Did you rebake or did the cake hold together? Let me know, I'm curious.

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 7

How did everything go with the delivery and such? I hope all went well.

StaceyC3 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:42am
post #7 of 7

Well - after I talked with you Jenn, I kind of got freaked out about possible structural damage...since it was a new client and a fairly pricey order, I took the cake to one of the local elementary schools for the teachers to enjoy (the teachers there order from me quite a bit.) Of course it made it there PERFECTLY - not one wiggle!

I haven't heard yet what happened when they cut the pieces, but I was worried it might kind of fall apart as they started to slice. So, I ended up rebaking after all...better safe than sorry, I figured.

Lessons learned:

1.Quit pulling all nighters - good decisions are never made at 1:00 in the morning icon_rolleyes.gif

2.Keep extra cakes in the freezer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%