Gold Glaze, Silver Glaze And Pearl Glaze?

Decorating By CakeswLove Updated 9 Jun 2016 , 9:22pm by maybenot

CakeswLove Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 1:50am
post #1 of 6

I just bought these amazing edible glazes at my bakery supply store. I went in looking for a luster dust? maybe to get that Gold look they have at the cake shows. They owner recommended this new Glaze by Bakery Crafts is a Food -grade edible glaze and it looks amazing icon_surprised.gif !! Has anyone tried these before?? I just added a little to a piece of fondant to see how it looks and its crazy icon_eek.gif but wanted to know if anyone has any good thumbs_up.gif or bad thumbsdown.gif feedback on it. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Florimbio Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 6

now..what is the brand???

CakeswLove Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:43am
post #3 of 6

On the lable says Manufactured exclusevely for Bakery Crafts.
I havent gotten any other responses maybe no one knows what they are? I think I just might take a pic and post it to see if anyone recognizes the bottle.

Florimbio Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 6

I knw you can mix piping gell with luster dust...and make a glaze/ piping gell...That recipee is on here??? Please post a pic...I would like to knwoicon_smile.gif

SandraDee73 Posted 9 Jun 2016 , 12:24pm
post #5 of 6

I know this is an old post, but I'm hoping I can resurrect it and get some feedback. I was using Rolkem Gold, but discovered even though it's considered to be edible in Europe, Canada, and Australia, it is not FDA approved for consumption in the US. I saw a post on a FB group I belong to, where a very pretty gold was used on a cake. I asked the poster what was used and was told it was the Gold Glaze made by Bakery Crafts (which is a US company). She explained that it was edible. Intrigued, I went to Bakery Crafts' website (which is now DecoPac) to look up the product. No where to be found. So I sent an email this morning inquiring about it. I found the products being sold on eBay (silver, pearl, and gold) and purchased them, but now I'm wondering why they aren't being sold by DecoPac. Perhaps they weren't truly edible?? 

maybenot Posted 9 Jun 2016 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 6

Look on the ingredients label.  From what I read, the glaze is made in West Chester, OH.  I see nothing in it that would make it inedible.  You could always call them directly :

Address: 9300 Allen Rd, West Chester, OH 45069

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%