Looking For A Way

Decorating By DemonMistress Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 12:01am by DemonMistress

DemonMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DemonMistress Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hello I'm new and I'm just starting to learn cake decorating but I am trying to learn to make flowers out of frosting or royal icing what I want to know is there a recipe out there that i can make to just play with instead of always making frosting or icing to do this hope this makes sense.

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 4

If I understand you right.....you want an icing medium that you can keep for a long period of time is that right?

Buttercream - Wilton's recipe - is good. You can scrape it off and start over until it gets soooooooo bad you can't stand it anymoreicon_smile.gif That should take months.
Fondant is basically the same........oh wait, playDough is basically the same consistency etc so you can play with that.
If you don't want to keep the item just don't let it dry out - wad it up right after you take your pix and start over & over, & over.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 4

Kakeladi,
I've also been wanting to expierment with fondant flowers & stuff but never would have thought of playdough. Thanks

DemonMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DemonMistress Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:01am
post #4 of 4

i have been playing with playdough it works great but im wanting to get into the flowers you use piping bags for didnt realize the frosting/icing would last that long to keep reusing it thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%