Baby Weaning Cake

Decorating By nutcase68 Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 7:42pm by tx_cupcake

nutcase68 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 33

I want to make a cake for by sister who is getting ready to wean her toddler. It has to be clean. Her husband is an elder in the congregation. No boobie cakes. icon_redface.gif
We do refer to her as the chuck wagon. Her daughter is almost 2 and is getting cut off completely at 2. Neither her husband nor I can think of anything.
I do sculpted cakes, so that is not a problem. I just learned RKT and I can sculpt out of fondant. Any ideas out there?? icon_confused.gif

Thanks

32 replies
kaat Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:03am
post #2 of 33

I see a chuck wagon racing away while the baby sits on the road pouting.
Sorry not feeling very creative tonight.

Doug Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 2:08am
post #3 of 33

looks like one of those sippy cups....

"your ONLY source from now on!"

(or could be any kind of cup or even a carton of milk)

all4cake Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 33

NOW YOU'RE TWO...NO MORE MMMMMILK FOR YOU!

haha

okay...no boob cakes

how about an open blouse with two milk jugs instead???

nutcase68 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:51am
post #5 of 33

I love the chuck wagon. We are not tying this in with her birhthday. We don't celebrate those. This is on it's own. Keep the ideas flowing. I love it. Thanks

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 33

How about something along these lines?
LL
LL

kaat Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:51pm
post #7 of 33

Or play on the "Got Milk?" Campaign...

Ayanami Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 6:16pm
post #8 of 33

I'm sorry if this is dumb, ignorant or ... offensive?

But are you ... celebrating ... this? To make sure I understand, you are talking about not breast feeding a baby any longer, right? I've never known anyone to continue breastfeeding a 2 yo!? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif But hey, to each their own! Is this a group celebration thing? Just asking cause of the reference to the hubby & his (church?) position.

Sorry if I sound like a twit, but I think I feel confused.... icon_confused.gif

DaCakeDiva Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 6:27pm
post #9 of 33

How about a blouse with pad locks instead of buttons.

pkinkema Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 6:37pm
post #10 of 33

What about the classy congratulatory route awith a pretty colorful cake a toddler would like that says "Congrats Whoever, You're a BIG Girl Now!"

nutcase68 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 12:48am
post #11 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

I'm sorry if this is dumb, ignorant or ... offensive?

But are you ... celebrating ... this? To make sure I understand, you are talking about not breast feeding a baby any longer, right? I've never known anyone to continue breastfeeding a 2 yo!? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif But hey, to each their own! Is this a group celebration thing? Just asking cause of the reference to the hubby & his (church?) position.

Sorry if I sound like a twit, but I think I feel confused.... icon_confused.gif




I only mentioned his position so people would know to keep the cakes clean. It will only be them and a couple of close friends. The baby just does not want to give it up. She is almost cut off now. Yeah, we are talking about no longer breast feading her. And yes, in our weird way, we will celebrate it. I am a weird person and celebrate weird things. Sorry to confuse you.

all4cake Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:55am
post #12 of 33

How about a hurdler? Jumping 'milestones' like the sippy cup, potty chair or binky is next in line, then kindergarten(a bookbag or graduation cap), a phone, a boyfriend...ooooooooooooo and at the end....a wedding couple...oh my, your sister may freak and decide never to wean her! but it would be funny!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 2:58am
post #13 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcase68


I only mentioned his position so people would know to keep the cakes clean. It will only be them and a couple of close friends. The baby just does not want to give it up. She is almost cut off now. Yeah, we are talking about no longer breast feading her. And yes, in our weird way, we will celebrate it. I am a weird person and celebrate weird things. Sorry to confuse you.




I nursed both my kiddos for 2 years. Lemme tell ya...when we weaned, heck ya I celebrated! I got my breasts back! Nothing weird about it.

Added the pic just because it's my favorite!!! SOOOO CUTE!
LL

nutcase68 Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 12:01pm
post #14 of 33

I love the ideas. Now to decide what to use. I still have a little time on this one. You guys rock.

angelfalling Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 11:15pm
post #15 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

I'm sorry if this is dumb, ignorant or ... offensive?

But are you ... celebrating ... this? To make sure I understand, you are talking about not breast feeding a baby any longer, right? I've never known anyone to continue breastfeeding a 2 yo!? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif But hey, to each their own! Is this a group celebration thing? Just asking cause of the reference to the hubby & his (church?) position.

Sorry if I sound like a twit, but I think I feel confused.... icon_confused.gif




Lots and lots of people breastfeed their children until the age of 2, or longer. The World Health Organization promotes all babies to be fed until 2, while the AAP says 1 and from there on however long mother and baby desire. It's a completely normal thing and probably happening all around you and you don't notice it. Still nursing my 18 month old icon_smile.gif

I think Breastruant OUT OF BUSINESS theme is a cute one!

mommyle Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 11:39pm
post #16 of 33

Did any of you see the "Is there a Mrs. Waffles?" episode of two and a half men? THE FUNNIEST!!!!! Charly starts singing kids songs, and one of them is "No more boobies, no more boobies, no more boobies, cause I'm a big kid now!" I just about peed my pants!!!!

How about carving out a sippy cup?

CheriN Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 8:56am
post #17 of 33

Ha ha... my son is 7.5 months old and I am breast-feeding him... I have to say that pic of the baby and the "Breastfeeding It Rocks!" cracks me up! icon_lol.gif

sillyjodes Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 9:36am
post #18 of 33

What a great idea! This has given me inspiration to make a weaning cake for my little girl when she's ready.
I would focus on the positive aspects of this, because it's a happy occasion. I like the idea of a "game of life" type cake with stages depicted throughout.

evasmama Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 4:42am
post #19 of 33

Makes me wonder if a "No More Diapers" cake would help inspire my 2 year old to potty train...?

all4cake Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 4:54am
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcase68

I want to make a cake for by sister who is getting ready to wean her toddler. It has to be clean. Her husband is an elder in the congregation. No boobie cakes. icon_redface.gif
We do refer to her as the chuck wagon. Her daughter is almost 2 and is getting cut off completely at 2. Neither her husband nor I can think of anything.
I do sculpted cakes, so that is not a problem. I just learned RKT and I can sculpt out of fondant. Any ideas out there?? icon_confused.gif

Thanks




Just for clarification....is the cake for your sister or her 2 year old?

mommyle Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 4:56am
post #21 of 33

OMg!!! A toilet training cake!!! NOW I've heard it all!!! One like this... (spoiler alert! Language issue with this photo!)

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1192576

ljdills Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:13am
post #22 of 33

How about a carved sippy cup and on top have a fondant cow being milked by a farmer to look like the cow's milk is filling the cup?

By the way evasmama if that works let me know, because I have a two year old who will not even hear of wearing big girl panties and using the potty.

nutcase68 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 12:37pm
post #23 of 33

This cake is for the mama. But I will do anything that it really cute. And yes, I do plan on doing one when she gets potty trained too. Any old excuse to make a cake. The farmer milking into the sippy cup is a hoot. I love cows.

All these combined ideas finally gave me one. Use the stand up bear pan and decorate it like a little girl. Have her look at a carton of milk with her mom's picture on it as a missing person. Not sure of verbage, but something to do with the chuck wagon is gone.

Thanks for the ideas and helping me come up with one too.
Mary

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 12:44pm
post #24 of 33

I can't wait to see this cake! Please post a pic when you finish.

nutcase68 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:46pm
post #25 of 33

I plan on it. I am iexcited to do it. We got a couple of months to wait, but when you draw a total blank you better start brain storiming early.
Mary

mclaren Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:07am
post #26 of 33

i, too, think the breastaurant out of business is super cute. i had to laugh looking at it.


still breastfeeding my 30 mths old (scary, right?) icon_smile.gif)
tried to wean him off when he turned 2, but it didn't work (plus i'm soft hearted when it comes to that).

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 12:53pm
post #27 of 33

mclaren....it'll come with time. No rush. You're both ok with it so who gives a hoot what others think! (Can ya tell I am SO pro-breastfeeding?)

Kay_NL Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:07pm
post #28 of 33

Well, that's what breasts exist for!

Homemade-Goodies Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:24pm
post #29 of 33

More power to her, nutcase...I was at an assembly once where a sister was sitting so her FIVE year old could stand and nurse!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I hope the WHO doesn't promote that someday somewhere!!! I'm all pro-breastfeeding, until it just ain't right!!

Please do share the cake when done, it'll be fun!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mommyle Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:44pm
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren

i, too, think the breastaurant out of business is super cute. i had to laugh looking at it.


still breastfeeding my 30 mths old (scary, right?) icon_smile.gif)
tried to wean him off when he turned 2, but it didn't work (plus i'm soft hearted when it comes to that).




Well, my 1 yr old didn't want to quit, either, but he was biting, so it was REALLY time to stop. He liked me because it was SO sweet. I started putting a bit of Postum (that chocolate stuff) or Ovum (I really can't remember) into his milk bottle (homo, of course), and he never looked back. I really needed him to stop because I wanted my boobs back, and so did my DH.

Now, if you don't REALLY want to stop, then you won't, but if you want to, then this is a sure-fired way. BTW, another way is to go out of town for the night and leave baby with Dad or someone else with a bottle.
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%