Trying To Make A Wine Bottle

Decorating By erikamj Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 5:34am by erikamj

erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 5

I could have sworn I posted this question last night but I for the life of me can't find it. If this is a repeat I am sorry.

Well here goes...
I am attempting to make a wine bottle out of gum paste. I figure I can put shortening over a clean wine bottle and just mold the gum paste over it in 2 pieces. Once it is dry I would pour hot water into the bottle to heat the shortening and thus letting the dry gum paste come off.
So will this work or is there a better way to do this.

4 replies
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 5

I think you should wrap the bottle with plastic wrap and then put the gumpaste on it. When it dries just cut the plastic wrap offf.. Good luck!! icon_smile.gif

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 5

I made a wine bottle last month. Mine was made out of cake. I used 2 15oz cans and heavy duty foil. Molded the foil around the top of a wine bottle then turned it upside down and baked in that and the two cans. You can see it in my photos. Good luck.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 5

You just need to wash the bottle VERY well in hot soapy water. Dry it completely. Roll out your gumpaste and dust it really well with cornstarch then place it on the bottle. It won't stick if you dust it good. icon_smile.gif

erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:34am
post #5 of 5

thanks for the suggestions. I will dust the bottle really well. i already washed it in hot soapy water.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%