Covering A Cake In Fondant

Decorating By illini89 Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 6:06am by Frankyola

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 5

Help, I am making a triangle shaped cake(piece of cheese) and would like to cover it in fondant instead of buttercream frosting. Any tips how to get a good finish? This will be my first time covering a cake completely in fondant and would much appreciate some advice
Thanks

4 replies
erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 5

My advice would be to just take it nice and slow. Drape it and slowly work out the corners. Doing the squares and triangles can be tricky.

illini89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
illini89 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:00am
post #3 of 5

would it be better to do the top and sides seperately? One top panel and 3 side panels?

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:25am
post #4 of 5

Nah, go for it... do it all in one piece. Just take it nice and slow, working the corners first then smoothing the sides. It'll all come together and look much better in one sheet.

You can do it!

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 6:06am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

Nah, go for it... do it all in one piece. Just take it nice and slow, working the corners first then smoothing the sides. It'll all come together and look much better in one sheet.

You can do it!

Ditto, go for it girl you can do it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I was looking your pictures and if you can do this icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1296075 you can do the cheese I love this cake and the one with the dragon they are amazing. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%