Teen Boys Valentines

Baking By GayeG Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 12:54am by Twopeasinapod

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 14

Hey Everybody! TFL!

Im having just a bit of a problem trying to come up with ideas for 2 - 18 yr old boys Valentines Bouquets (2 large bouquets) .. Mother saw some flames I did once, and wants those with others ... She said: NO pink and red frilly, girly stuff .. no boob cookies (aw shucks ma) ... icon_wink.gif

So theres where my problem lays ... Valentines that ARNT valentiney, but she says hearts are fine ( gee, thanx ma) icon_confused.gif

Any ideas? PLEASE!

13 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 14

What about hearts in a 'boy' colour scheme, like blues and purples? Or biologically correct hearts?!

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 14

Maybe.....love bugs.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 14

Or a boy with a red face and sheepish grin? Like, great. Freakin Valentines Day. Woo hoo. Yay. Thanks mo, for making hold these dang roses and look like a sissy la-la boy. I don't know...sounds fun, but probably isn't appropriate! icon_biggrin.gif

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 14

I am doing some boy bouquets with hearts decorated with camoflauge. I am putting them in black take out boxes. On one red heart cookie in the middle I am writing "Can't hide my love for you!" You could always write something else or nothing at all.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 14

I am doing some boy valentines in sports motifs. Hearts decorated like basketballs, baseballs, soccer balls, etc...
Or converstion heart cookies with appropriate sayings...

GayeG Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 14

Those are some great ideas everyone! I was having that infamous "writers block" that I just couldnt break thru .. I thought watching all the "teens" on American Idol last night would help me, but it just made me shake my head! Awoke this morning still blank!

Jamie .. "I" thought it was a cute idea! Dont know how an 18 yo would feel! *O, its been a loooong time!*

Twopeas ... the Camo idea is great ... I might can get somwhere with that ..

Thanx ya'll! I really apprieciated ya'lls time with my problem!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:03am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopeasinapod

... hearts decorated with camoflauge. ..."Can't hide my love for you!" ...

Cute!

I like yankeegal's idea of the sports hearts. I'm doing some basketballs. (I'm a big sports fan and my DH gave me a box of candy last year that looked and felt like a basketball.) The love bugs is cute for younger kids.

Kneadacookie does some gorgeous flaming hearts.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=139793

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 5:49am
post #9 of 14

Red and yellow (flame colors) plaids and stripes, to go with the flame cookies.

GayeG Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 2:41pm
post #10 of 14

O, I came back this morning after being gone away all eve. and more great ideas!!

I too loved the sheapish grinning little boy and the love bugs ideas - Im also doing a few bouquets for school classes - and I think those will be perfect in those!

The sports cookie hearts and the camo are also Excellant ideas. I tried my hand at the camo last night - ummm, not so good! So I will practice a few days b4 I have to do them for real!!

And I love the plaid idea!!! That will be really perfect for keeping the same color scheme and not being to valentiney!! As well as the Blue/Purple colors, those will be great for the school kiddies!

Thanks to everyone!! My idea bank was depleted for a moment - but as always ... ya'll helped me to fill it again!

Honeydukes .. I so love Kneadacookie's flames - allready in my favs! Mine however, are not THAT good ... but I keep trying - at least you can tell they ARE flames!! icon_smile.gif

Twopeasinapod Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 11:52pm
post #11 of 14

I have also done some animal print hearts. There is a picture of them in my photos. I put them in an animal print take out box with a red heart that says "Wild about you!" I have several orders for these and they are going to teenagers.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:42am
post #12 of 14

Twopeas: THANKS so much for the camo idea, icon_smile.gif I needed something for the guys. My pic is in the gallary.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:52pm
post #13 of 14

Check out kneadacookie's boxer short cookies with the Valentines theme. They're great and would be perfect for boys!

Twopeasinapod Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 12:54am
post #14 of 14

I finally took a picture of the camo hearts I have made. I will put four of these in a bouquet with a smaller red heart that says, "Can't hide my love for you!" I think they turned out pretty good! Here is a link to the cookie!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1314270.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%