New!!

Decorating By Stellarcakes Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 2:24pm by MemphisMom9801

Stellarcakes Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 5

Hey so I am new here and happy to have found this site. I have been decorating cakes for a several years but recently haven't decorated in awhile. I am fixing to do one for my SIS-IN-LAW for her baby shower and then one for my friends bday. I am wondering if anyone has a chart on how much cake I need to feed 65 people. I am wanting to do round layers. Like maybe a 9 inch or 8 inch with like a smaller 6 inch on top. If ya'll have any suggestions that would be FABulous!!

And then on the cake there are going to be little wrynn birds (like scrapbook birdies) and I was wondering if any one has any thoughts on how to do them. The cake we are going to make it look like the birds looked airbrushed. I don't have an airbrush kit so I need to figure a different way to do them.

If anybody has any comments,suggestions or thought would be very appreciated.
Thanks!!!

4 replies
rvercher23 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 5

If you go to the articles section on the website, there is a serving chart for cakes. Hope this helps!

panchanewjersey Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 5

Welcome to CC I hope you love it and try not to get so addicted to this site. lol Anyhow when it comes to figures I really reccomend aine she's awesome and does the nicest little figures she might just have those birds your talking about or even something like it. You can find some of her articles here or videos on You Tube, Vimeo, even her blog: extra-icing.blogspot.com I hope that's right. She has awesome tutorials. Hope that helps. As for charts you can find them here too or even wilton has them. Have fun.

Stellarcakes Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks!! I know I am already getting addicted to the site lol. I found the charts and they are helpful! I will be sure to check her out!

MemphisMom9801 Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 5

I just want to say "Welcome"... you'll love it here! icon_smile.gif There are so many friendly folks that are always ready with an answer to any question you may have. Enjoy browsing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%