Edible Frosting Sheets And Wafer Paper

Decorating By cakeladyinri Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 4:02pm by cakeladyinri

cakeladyinri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyinri Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 6

I know I have seen this question before asked, but can you print edible images on wafer paper like you do on frosting sheets and do they go through the printer okay?

Thanks for all your help on this

5 replies
hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 6

before i discovered frosting sheets , i used wafer paper. it works fine, just doesn't taste very good.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 6

before i discovered frosting sheets , i used wafer paper. it works fine, just doesn't taste very good.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 6

Yep you can print on them - the wafer paper is more fragile and can easily be ripped. If you look at the gift box cake I just made in my photos - the gift tag on the box was from wafer paper. The paper has a tendency to curl after printing so what I did was took a piece of gumpaste/fondant and attached the wafer paper with some piping gel on top of it.

Works out GREAT because my handing writing on cake is awful.

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer1

What are frosting sheets? icon_confused.gif

Does anyone know where I can get a couple photos printed on these things? I don't want to buy a printer just for a couple cakes. THanks.
Vicky

cakeladyinri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyinri Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 6

Hammer1, what tasted icky the wafer paper or the frosting sheets, I have those already but I have 900 cookies to do and trying to find the best cost effective way of doing them with edible images

Thanks for all the replies so far

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%