Stumped

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 3:08pm by CakeInfatuation

CakeInfatuation Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 10

I'm really hoping for some help from you seasoned decorators.

I have to make a cake for Sunday. We are celebrating family Birthday's on my mom's side.

I've got a grandmother that loves Chief Wahoo (of the Cleveland Indians)

A nephew who loves Trains

A son that loves Bulldozers

How in the world can I incorporate these 3 things into one cohesive cake design?

The cake only needs to feed 15 people so I don't want to get too crazy.

PLEASE HELP! I've got to start prepping but I'm stumped and I don't know where to start!

-Stacey

9 replies
amy2197 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 10

No Idea, but I'll give you a bump so hopefully someone more creative than me can help! Good Luck!

Larrimore Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 10

What about Chief Wahoo driving the bulldozer that is working beside the train track?

teacherandbaker Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 10

Or, having Chief Wahoo driving a train that is pulling a train car with a bulldozer on it going around the bases on a baseball field. Good luck!

Twopeasinapod Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 10

How about a flat bed train car with a bull dozer on it and Chief Wahoo as the conductor?

videominx Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 10

How about a bulldozer pulling a train car with Chief Wahoo incorporated into the logo on the side of the train car?

CakeInfatuation Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 10

The ideas are helping. Please... keep them coming but think a little less complex. It's already Thursday, I have to work tonight, and tomorrow night, and clean my house for the party.

I don't want to become the crazy spatula weilding mommy. icon_wink.gif

Win Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 10

Shill.... this is said in a loving tone and meant to be playful and fun so please take it in that vein. icon_lol.gif

I don't believe your statement:

Quote:
Quote:

The ideas are helping. Please... keep them coming but think a little less complex. It's already Thursday, I have to work tonight, and tomorrow night, and clean my house for the party.

I don't want to become the crazy spatula weilding mommy.

Why? If I remember correctly, you posted once about your child semi-destroying a cake you had started leaving you with very little time to make repairs and pull off a masterpiece. The darling results from that fiasco shows up in your avatar... am I remembering correctly? So. You go girl! I know whatever you come up with will be awesome and that you work well under pressure.

(((hugs)))

CakeInfatuation Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 10

You are right. That is me and my avatar is the cake.

I'm including a link...

What do you think about something like this?
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1202391
Only around town is a construction site and a ball field with a train going around the bottom. I can make a gum paste billboard with Wahoo on it and we can stick it by the ball field.

CakeInfatuation Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:08pm
post #10 of 10

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1312931&done=1

Here it is. I am happy with the result although it isn't as involved as I normally get. My husband says cakes are a drug to me. I can't stop once I get started. ha ha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%