Trans Fats

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 7:29pm by Cakepro

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:58am
post #1 of 5

Every so often I read something about the fact that trans fats will eventually be banned all together. What wouild you do about your icing, those of you who use Sweetex in your icing or other hi ratio shortening?
Just curious what you plan to do? Crisco dopes not work well for me anymore.

4 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:13am
post #2 of 5

Try indydebi's recipe here in the recipe section. She uses only Crisco, and adds the magic ingredient "Dream Whip"...and has never had a problem now that Crisco is 0 TF. Go to the search function and type in "indydebi" and be sure to restrict your search to "topic titles only"....you'll find lots of good tips on her technique.

Here's the most popular post about it http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=491583

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:34am
post #3 of 5

Crisco phasing out trans fats never made a blip on my radar with my buttercream icing recipe. Although I use high ratio shortening because I love its performance and it's cheap (locally, it's like $36 for a 50 pound block), I will be happy when they do away with trans fats in all products. I won't have any problems because my recipe uses Crisco and high ratio shortening interchangeably (Crisco is what my students use; high ratio is what I use).

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 5

Cakepro can you share your recipe?

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 5

If you send me an email by clicking on the "email" button in my post, I will send you the recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%