Where Do You Keep Your Agbay?

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 6:16pm by MissyTex

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:39am
post #1 of 13

I have had it a few months now and it's too long for my cabinets, the only place it fits is on a pantry shelf, but then gets in the way there as well. Just wondering if anyone hangs theirs, or a creative/space saving way to store it? I have 4 little ones so I can't keep it too low to the ground icon_wink.gif

12 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 13

I'll be happy to look after it for you at my house!!! icon_wink.gif

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 13

I keep mine on the window sill. It fits perfectly and is out of the way when not in use! Plus - it is a thing of beauty when the sun is shining off of that bright metal!!!LOL!!

yellobutterfly Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

I'll be happy to look after it for you at my house!!! icon_wink.gif

ha! roflol!!

yellobutterfly Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzycakes

I keep mine on the window sill. It fits perfectly and is out of the way when not in use! Plus - it is a thing of beauty when the sun is shining off of that bright metal!!!LOL!!

hmmm...my window sill is not quite wide enough for those feet...lol

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 13

-sigh-on the counter. It strikes fear in my children's hearts. When they see me get it out, the seriously run from the room.

Last week I was a walking Agbay Cut. Two on the front and the back of my thumb (so 4), another on my index, and another on my ring finger. I had to take off the blade and seriously disinfect it, but my hands were covered in so many Band Aids that I could hardly decorate!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 13

I keep mine up on top of the cabinets you know the space between the ceiling and the top of the cupboard.

Of course if you have space on top of the fridge is a great place to keep it handy but out of the way when not in use.

yellobutterfly Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

-sigh-on the counter. It strikes fear in my children's hearts. When they see me get it out, the seriously run from the room.

Last week I was a walking Agbay Cut. Two on the front and the back of my thumb (so 4), another on my index, and another on my ring finger. I had to take off the blade and seriously disinfect it, but my hands were covered in so many Band Aids that I could hardly decorate!

poor thing! It's super sharp, I'm terrified of leaving it where they can reach it, I've got to come up with someway to hang it or something!

yellobutterfly Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:40pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

I keep mine up on top of the cabinets you know the space between the ceiling and the top of the cupboard.

Of course if you have space on top of the fridge is a great place to keep it handy but out of the way when not in use.

those are both good places, it doesn't get too dusty there? (ha - I don't dust...)

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:04pm
post #10 of 13

yellowbutterfly-It is a fear of mine. Luckily, my DH had a very strict talk with them about it. Mine is far back on a deep counter, under a window, where it would be hard for them to reach it. I agree with the hanging it, I just would make sure there would be know way for it to fall so it doesn't turn into a guillotine. icon_lol.gif A nice, high shelf in the garage might be good. Or in an extra closet, if you have one.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:27pm
post #11 of 13

I keep mine on top of the kitchen shelves too - no worries about dust though - it's off the shelf more than it's on!

And Summer, I feel for you! I'm recovering from my first Agbay slice, and I was being supercareful icon_redface.gif ! Oh well, no one was home to hear the words I used... tapedshut.gificon_rolleyes.gif !

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:27am
post #12 of 13

do they not have blade guards, for safe storage?

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 6:16pm
post #13 of 13

I also keep mine on top of my cabinets. It has a blade guard, but I also cover it with a towel to protect it from dust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%