Witches Hat Flowernail??????

Decorating By zubia Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 8:49pm by pkinkema

zubia Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all ,I just saw this nail in the cake supply store .Can any one tell me what its used for .????/
Thank you

5 replies
Limpy Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 6

I have one. It is a flower nail used to make roses. The "hat" helps to form the base or centre of the rose & then the petals are piped around it.

zubia Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 6

thank you ,but how do you lift it of the nail ?what happens to the center ,does it fall in the middle?

sdrper Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 6

I would like to know the answer to that also.

Limpy Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 6

The format is the same as when you use the regular flower nail. You just use the plastic scissors to lift it off. As long as your buttercream is firm enough, no, the middle does not collapse.

pkinkema Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 6

Or push a wax paper square over the witch's hat -- you don't have to cut the circle out. After piping your flower, gently pull the wax paper while rotating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%