Kerry Vincent Is A Class Act!

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 10 Jan 2021 , 2:34am by karennayak

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 20

Yep, that's about it! She responded to a question I had, unfortunately it wasn't helpful because what I asked her, she didn't have enough time to devote to give me a solid answer. She was unnecessarily apologetic about not being able to help. How classy and gracious is that? icon_smile.gif

Just wanted to give her a kudos, because unfortunately, I see wayyyy too many threads bashing her after episodes of challenges air. Thanks for reading. Happy cake-ing! icon_lol.gif

19 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 12:11am
post #2 of 20

I thought she was awfully nice and quite personable at the OSSAS 2 yrs ago.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 12:14am
post #3 of 20

yeah, she has been pretty nice to me as well! Most people of her caliber don't have time to answer questions or respond to emails, but she also responds immediately! Very nice lady.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 12:17am
post #4 of 20

I met her also and found her to be very helpful getting me registered for a cake event in Tulsa. She called me and emailed me with instructions. She also remembered me when we met. I think she is very much a perfectionist when it comes to cakes and that can come across as kinda scarey, I would think , if you were on the receiving end.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 12:20am
post #5 of 20

I've heard, too, that's she a genuinely warm and nice person and that the t.v. persona is not her at all. How cool that you all have met and corresponded with her!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:12am
post #6 of 20

I really like and admire Kerry for many reasons. She's a fantastic decorator and she has a lot of guts to run OSSAS on such a huge, international level. She's cool as a cucumber when under awful stress at times, but even then, she'll take the time to be encouraging and gentle when someone is having a problem.

I think a lot of people (often women) don't like her because she doesn't coddle anyone. She shoots straight from the hip, has strong opinions that she's not afraid to share, and lets you know when you've crossed the line. She's tough and sticks to standards and she can't abide whiners or those who she doesn't think are trying their hardest or doing their best.

People seem to think that she's ready to strike at the slightest provocation--and that couldn't be farther from the truth. She's a hardcore advocate for the sugar arts and she appreciates anyone trying to learn and improve.

You'll be glad you had time to spend with her. Wait until you see her again. She'll welcome you like an old friend!

Rae

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:22pm
post #7 of 20

I met her last night at the Let's Make Cake charity and fundraiser in Gainesville, FL. What a super cool person! It was an honor to meet her. She is very smart and straight forward. I'm a beginer and was surrounded by high level professionals. I felt totally out of place (however, I went to have fun and DID!). She told me the hardest part about being in a competition is getting the guts to go. If I can do that, the other stuff will come with time. Plus, how better to learn then surround youself with the best. It was great and so was she.

cake_o_rama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_o_rama Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:26pm
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthwife

I met her last night at the Let's Make Cake charity and fundraiser in Gainesville, FL. What a super cool person! It was an honor to meet her. She is very smart and straight forward. I'm a beginer and was surrounded by high level professionals. I felt totally out of place (however, I went to have fun and DID!). She told me the hardest part about being in a competition is getting the guts to go. If I can do that, the other stuff will come with time. Plus, how better to learn then surround youself with the best. It was great and so was she.

I'm so glad things went well last night. I really wanted to go, but I had to withdraw at the last second because my Dad passed away. I hope you all had a blast.

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 20

I'm so sorry to hear about your Father. Condolances.

It was a great event. It was actually super cool being a total newbie there because I had NOOOO pressure! Everyone was really nice and actually super supportive that I'd come.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:42pm
post #10 of 20

cake-o-rama said: ........my Dad passed away. .........

How sorry to hear of this. We always need our parents and when it is their time to leave us it does indeed hurt. May you always have fond memories of him.

sweetcheeks75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcheeks75 Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 6:45pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_o_rama

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthwife

I'm so glad things went well last night. I really wanted to go, but I had to withdraw at the last second because my Dad passed away. I hope you all had a blast.

Cake_o_rama,
Condolances on losing your father. Sending you a big ole Texas hug and prayer!!!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:01pm
post #12 of 20

cake_o_rama,
my heart is with you. I wish you many smiles of fond memories.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:01pm
post #13 of 20

I met her last night as well - WOW!! I'm not going to say that I'm no longer scared of her - but she is just the nicest person!! Got my picture taken with her and that was worth all the stress of the competition!

Last night was my first time at a competition as well and I had just a great time!! Those cakes were AMAZING!!

Kerri Rocks!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #14 of 20

cake_o_rama.....I'm so sorry. I know there is nothing anyone can say right now to make you feel better, but I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Again, I am soooo sorry.

jbart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbart Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:37pm
post #15 of 20

Kerry is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Every time I have talked to her she has been amazing.

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 6 Jan 2021 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 20

in memory of the great Kerry Vincent

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jan 2021 , 11:24pm
post #17 of 20

oh no! so sad! 

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 8 Jan 2021 , 4:02pm
post #18 of 20

A big loss for cake decorators! Requiescat in Pace!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jan 2021 , 8:38pm
post #19 of 20

yes -- the reports i saw said she passed 'from an illness' so I'm speculating that that's Maybe why she 'retired' from the Oklahoma sugar show?  

is that completely gone mow or did anyone else take it over -- does anyone know -- I'm just curious

Kerry Vincent will be greatly missed sparkling_heart

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 10 Jan 2021 , 2:34am
post #20 of 20

I am so sad to read this news.

Kerry Vincent was always very encouraging to me, always replied to my emails with tips and suggestions for improvement. Both of us had spent a few years in Singapore (at different times) , that was something else we talked about.

She will be missed.

My condolences to her husband Doug.

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%