Singing Black And Decker Praises

Lounge By Carolynlovescake Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 6:10am by redpanda

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 5

When their Scumbuster product first came out I purchased it.

Used it a few times and loved it! It completely saved on the elbow grease of bathtub grime and cut down my cleaning time in the bathrooms nearly in half.

Well I lost the recharger and haven't used it in about a year (and reverted back to srubbing the bathtub by hand).

I just called them and they were wonderful! It's still under warranty so even though it's my fault that I lost the charger they are sending out a new one free. I also mentioned that I went through their every day scrub pads quicker than I tought. She said that their feedback on them was exactly that so they made them more durable and last longer. She also is going to toss a pack in for free for me to try.

Black and Decker products are all over our house from tools to cleaning supplies to a couple other things.

I've always loved their quality and they won me on their customer service.

With all the bad in today's retail world and horror stories I just wanted to share my positive interaction with them today.

The gal was just so nice and at the end of my call her "have a nice day" was said in a way where you could tell she meant it and it wasn't just a script to close the call.

How refreshing to know good customer service still exists out there!

4 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #2 of 5

Good for you. What's a Scumbuster?

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 7:17am
post #3 of 5

That's really awesome! I have thought about purchasing one of those but wondered if it really worked well.

Some years ago, I bought a pretty red KitchenAid food processor (5 cup capacity) because a) it matched my red KA mixer, b) it was a KA product, and c) I already had an 11 cup professional Cuisinart food processor and a little 3 cup Cuisinart food processor and wanted something in the mid-size range.

Well, I tried grating cheddar cheese in that 5 c. KA food processor and the darn thing acted like I was trying to get it to pulverize titanium or something! So I wrote an email to KA telling them that although I absolutely adore my KitchenAid stand mixers, I was disappointed that my little 3 cup Cuisinart totally pwned that 5 cup KA. The email was polite and just a statement of fact a few lines long.

LOL, a week later, UPS dropped off a lovely 7 cup red food processor, courtesy of KitchenAid. I was totally blown away! icon_smile.gif

I love KitchenAid even more because of its excellent customer service and will be a lifelong customer.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 5

I love KitchenAid. The very first time I used my new food processor it broke. I'm 99% sure that it was my fault for trying to chop Velveeta with it. They sent me a brand new one right away, and let me get a different color.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 6:10am
post #5 of 5

My only problem with Black and Decker customer service is that when they have a product recalled (which is disturbingly common these days), they do not come close to giving the customer reasonable compensation. For example, I had a stainless thermal carafe coffee maker which was recalled due to fire hazard. I was supposed to mail them the cord from the coffee maker (at my expense), and then select from a list of choices, which included a set of two of their $15 coffee makers (often on sale for $10 at WalMart), one of these coffee makers and an electric can opener, two cheap irons. Not one of their options was something somebody who intentionally bought a coffee maker with a thermal carafe would want.

I would have even been happy with money off the safer, newer version of the same coffee maker.

I had the same problem with a microwave espresso maker that my BIL gave me. It literally exploded as I took it out of the microwave. (Hot coffee ground paste everywhere!) B & D customer service was kind enough to tell me that my BIL had given me a recalled product, and that all I needed to do was return the product to the place of purchase (in another state), to see what the store would do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%