How Do I Raise Up Roman Column Set

Decorating By iver Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 4:21pm by iver

iver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iver Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 4

How do I raise up the Wilton Roman Column set to make room for satellite cakes tucked halfway underneath?

The bride wants a three-tiered cake (16, 12, icon_cool.gif on top of the Roman Column Set with a fountain between the two plates separated by the columns.

She wants all of that raised up (how can you support something so heavy?) and six 8-inch 2-layer cakes tucked a bit underneath the bottom plate.

For a photo, go to http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/wedding/Wcakestands-WILTON.htm#roman            
They have directions there but I still don't understand how to make the cakes secure. Would hate for them to fall over!!! HELP!!

3 replies
iver Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 4

The blocked portion of the url is s _ _ _ _ c _ _ _ _. Hope it's okay to give this hint.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 1:38am
post #3 of 4

The fountain stand plate is 18" across. Sit it on top of a 14" or 16" styrofoam dummy. I'd put a piece of no-skid material on top of the dummy for extra insurance, although I'm sure you'd be ok without it (but use it anyway).

This will raise the entire cake, including the fountain, up 4" so you can tuck a slightly-less-than-4" cake just under the edge.

iver Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 4

Indydebi

Thank you for the reply. That make sense. I'll order a 16 inch styrofoam dummy soon.

Mary Ann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%