Changed Her Mind

Decorating By Heatherly30 Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 9:30pm by summernoelle

Heatherly30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heatherly30 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 7

I have been working the past two day making a gumpaste baby for a shower cake. The host has just decided she doesn't want it on the cake. I'm pissed. I gave her a flat rate for the cake (which probably wasn't enough). I'm not bringing down the price. Now it makes me want to bump up the price out of spite. I won't, but I want to.

GRRRR...
Here's a picture of it...

Sorry it's huge!

6 replies
amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 7

Bless your heart. Just box that puppy up and save it for a later cake. I know how stressful it is when people change there minds. But, when someone else wants a shower cake in a few months give them a quote for that work and draw them a freaking awesome cake. You'll be glad not to have to do that little babe again. Good luck with your caking!

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:19am
post #3 of 7

Well, for what's it's worth that baby is soooo adorable! I have a four month old who is sleeping right now in that very position so needless to say your little two day old baby just warmed my heart tremendously....uh oh....excuse me I'm oozing motherly love all over my keyboard and right into this post!

Adorable baby! Even if she did change her mind (no political references intended) hahaha!

And of course you shouldn't bring down the price... you did the work you quoted her for the fact that she no longer wants it changes nothing.

muah!

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 7

excellent modeling! Yup, box that baby up for another cake! What did the customer decide to use as a topper instead?

Mel Mc.

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 7

Thats sooo cute, I am pretty nervous I have to make one just like that for April so how about you just ship that cute little thing to me!! Thanks for the great pic, hope you don't mind that I use it for inspiration!

Michelle

**edited for a bonehead spelling error!

Heatherly30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heatherly30 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all of the encouragement. The hostess has somewhat changed her mind, but believe it or not, I would rather not give it to her. Guess I will, but I'd rather keep it for someone who will appreciate it!

eatdessert: The topper is going to be a sculpted lamb (that matches the baby bedding) and the baby cuddling up next to it.

Thanks for the compliments. That is the first figure I have sculpted from gumpaste. (Thanks to Aine2 for the inspiration!)

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 7

I hate when stuff like that happens! The customer didn't realize how much work it was for you...

At least you got some good practice. The more you make these, the faster you can get them done. Seems like the first one is always the slowest.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%