Police Shield For Hat Cake

Decorating By Lett Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 4:46pm by Lett

Lett Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 5

Hello Everyone:

I am making a police officer hat cake and need to know how to make the shield that goes onto the hat.

Please help.

4 replies
Ayanami Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 5

I would either do Colorflow or Fondant cutouts depending on your preference of materials. If it needs to be rounded (or not flat you know) to fit on the part of the hat you want it on, then i would do fondant cutout parts.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 1:36am
post #3 of 5

I would go get a toy one from walmart and make a mold... then press fondant into the mold and there you go!

Or... gut out the shape from fondant or gp and pipe with RI the detail. Do this all in a light grey, then luster the keck outta it with silver icon_biggrin.gif

bisbqueenb Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 1:46am
post #4 of 5

If you have access to the real badge you can make some gumpaste...or 1/2 1/2 fondant gumpaste, and press the badge into it to make a mold....just press it in well and remove immediately. Let the mold dry/harden then press fresh gumpaste into the corn starch dusted mold and you have yourself an exact copy to detail with color when it sets up. If you need to it to conform to a curve.... shape it when it first comes out of the mold.

Lett Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your guidance and help. I will take a photo for all of you to see. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%