Cake Isn't Fully Baked!

Decorating By allie73 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 9:25pm by Deb_

allie73 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 4

I have been baking for over 20 years, and I have never had this happen. icon_evil.gif Of course, it has to happen when there is no time to rebake (it's a banana cake, and all I can find are green bananas).

Cake tested done, and most of it is, but there is one little part, not even in the middle, that is soft. I discovered this when I split it to fill. Ugh.

Is there anything I can do? It has firmed up a bit this morning, but I am filling with French custard, crumbing with chocolate icing, and finishing with a chocolate glaze. THe last thing I need is for that part of the cake to start caving in on me.

3 replies
stephanie214 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 4

Happened to me the other nite and had to rebake a 6" round.

Can you scoop that spot out and fill-in with your left over cake. The icing will help hold it in place.

HTH thumbs_up.gif

allie73 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 4

I thought of that, too. I don't have much left over - the cake baked up with a fairly level top, but I'll see what I can do! Thanks!

Deb_ Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 4

I seem to always have this happen with my banana cakes/breads. I have resorted to lowering my oven rack to one level below the middle and baking at 325 instead of 350. I also try to not over fill the pan. I think it's just that the batter is so heavy from all the fruit.
That completely stinks, it's not bad when it's for home but for a client I know you want it perfect.

It sounds yummy by the way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%