Fondant Plaque How Do I.....

Decorating By dmhart Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 5:48pm by dmhart

dmhart Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 3

I would like to do a fondant plaque on a baby shower cake. I have an order for a 2 tiered cake and they want to have a scripture on the cake. I wanted to put it on a pretty fondant plaque. I have seen so many cake here on CC with them and I wasn't sure how and when to write on them or what is the best thing to use. Could anyone give me some tips on how to do these? I do appreciate the help I have always received.

2 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 3

You can make it out of gumpaste or 50-50 gumpaste fondant. Roll it out pretty thin, cut out a shape either freeform or with a cutter, let it dry then use edible markers to write on it.

I make mine mostly freeform....use a ball roller to thin the edges...put a little gum glue on the edges and add some edible glitter. I can add a rice paper image [printed from my computer....I use my regular ink as the plaque is not designed to be eaten] roll or shape the edges if desired, let dry. One of my favorites is to roll the edges like a scroll....just curling the edges a bit.

dmhart Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for you help. That makes sense to me. I am going to give it a try. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%