Right Consistancy??

Decorating By lexismommy3 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 9:15pm by Jeannie21

lexismommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexismommy3 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 5

what is the specific consistancy you should you for each technique? such as borders, roses, other flowers, writing, decorations.....

thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 5

bah! Wilton teaches the three different consistency thing...but I worked too long in bakeries and in my own business to mess around with that! icon_twisted.gif

I make my icing a nice medium consistency and do everything with that.

'Course, if you want to avoid the carpel tunnel, you probably should stick with the thin for frosting and writing, medium for boarders and such, and stiff for flowers. thumbs_up.gif

Jeannie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannie21 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah Ive taken a coupke wilton classes and Ive found that medium consistency works for almost everything... If you're worried it will be too thin just make it thicker and water(or milk) it down a tiny bit at a time. The more you practice you'll see that you'll be able to tell which way you like it best. But if you still want to know the "wilton suggested" consistency for each technique you can look up each technique on the wilton site and it tells you there. Heres a link to how to do drop flowers. Hope I helped! icon_smile.gif

http://www.wilton.com/technique/Drop-Flowers

lexismommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexismommy3 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 5

thanks guys!!!!

Jeannie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannie21 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 5

welcome! glad to help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%