Cake Fell...ginger Ale?

Decorating By mommachris Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 7:00am by JanH

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 8:09am
post #1 of 4

Used a new recipe tonight and had it fall flat in the last ten minutes of cooking time.
I used ginger ale in the batter and was wondering if I didn't let it get flat enough and maybe that is why it fell.
It wasn't chilled at all and I let it sit in the measuring cup for about ten minutes until it seemed all the bubbles were gone. Should I have given it more time?
Now I'm nervous since the wedding is Sat. and I have a whole lot of cake to make before then.
Help!
mommachris

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 8:22am
post #2 of 4

What's the exact recipe? Can you provide a link or the complete recipe name so we can look it up.

Unless the recipe states that the soda must be flat, I don't think that should be a problem.

Here are some soda pop cake recipes:
(Haven't gone through them all, but they don't seem to require flat soda.)

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cakesodapop/cakesodapop.html

HTH

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:03am
post #3 of 4

jan,
thanks for trying to help.
I found out what the problem was...the pan was 3 inches and the recipe works better with a thinner pan. I baked the rest of them in the shallow pans and everything was great.
This was my first wedding. There were massive amounts of cake and the finished cake feed 300 guests. icon_eek.gif

I was blessed to have had all the tips and helps that I have been reading on this site for the last three years. I feel like I had professional assistance from my cake central buddies and that resulted in a beautiful cake for my friend.
Can't post any pictures yet. My camera broke the morning of the wedding. The photographer promised to let me have a copy of his picture. thumbs_up.gif

blessings,
mommachris

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 7:00am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommachris

I found out what the problem was...the pan was 3 inches and the recipe works better with a thinner pan. I baked the rest of

Those 3" pans are a pain.....icon_sad.gif

Glad you got it all together in the end. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%