Impression Mats

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 7:48pm by stephanie214

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:24am
post #1 of 7

I have the diamond and the dot impression mats and for the life of me, I can't seem to get the hang of using them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 7

Bump.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 7

Hi, I've got a texture sheet from Stephen Benison. I don't know whether mat is the same as the texture sheet. And I saw him demonstrating at the NEC in UK. He rolled out the fondant as you normaly would. Then rub lot of shortening on the fondant. And then keep the mat on the fondant and using your hand, rub from the middle to the edge. ( hope it make sence). If you want to add dust to the fondant to give a sheen, you can do it after rubbing the shortening.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 7

I think I have the one your talking about. Its not an impression mat that looks like a stencil (like Geraldine Randsomes) but a piece of plastic that has the impression on them, correct?
If its the second one, you basically put your fondant on your cake as you would normally. Then you take the matt and press it up against the cake. If its a round cake your going to rock it back and forth to get the impression onto the fondant.
I know one of Sharon Zambito's video's has it as sugar laniappe (extra footage). I believe its the Flawless Fondant one but you can ask her to make sure if you decide to buy it for that.

stephanie214 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 7

icon_redface.gif Sorry, should have stated that I want to use it with the bc frosting.

I tried the rocking and it only made the lines bigger and uneven icon_cry.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 7

I believe you still can do it but you have to wait for your bc to crust a little first. You probably can email Sharon directly and ask her. Im sure she could help more than I can. I dont do much bc work, not to mention with impression mats! Her CC name is sugarshack. Im sure you can PM her or go to her website and be able to email her directly from there.

stephanie214 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so muc thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%