Lemon Cake

Decorating By Danacakes65 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 4:15am by Ruth0209

Danacakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danacakes65 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:47am
post #1 of 6

What kind of icing goes best with lemon cake?

5 replies
something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 6

I love to do lemon cake with raspberry filling and regular buttercream! Regular buttercream is good with lemon cake, so is cream cheese icing. You can add a little lemon juice or lemon extract to either of those if you wanted to add to the lemon-y flavor.

gateauxdamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateauxdamour Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:57am
post #3 of 6

French vanilla, raspberry, blueberry... I'm making lemon cakes for this weekend. I can't wait to hear other ideas!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:06am
post #4 of 6

I LOVE IMBC with lemon cake. You can add lemon extract if you want, but its good without it. Lemon cake, raspberry filling and IMBC is one of my favorite cake's to eat. (after coconut. I'm a coconut cake dork!)

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:07am
post #5 of 6

I agree with SweetestThing, raspberry and bc goes wonderfully with lemon cake, I like to spread bc then a layer of raspberry directly over the bc. Blueberry sounds good too, I just find that raspberry is more popular.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:15am
post #6 of 6

I just made a lemon pound cake with lemon curd filling and buttercream icing with just a little lemon extract, and it was really delicious. I thought the all lemon combo might be too much, but it was great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%