Need Ideas For Mini Cakes For A Man

Decorating By stephaniescakenj Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm by stephaniescakenj

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 1:46am
post #1 of 4

I have a friend with a terminally ill friend, she is going to visit him in CA next week to say goodbye. She asked if I could make something for her to bring to the family, some sort of treat. I made her hamburger cupcakes over the summer and she really liked them so she would like something small or bite size like that, something unique that they couldn't just pick at the local store and that she can take on the flight with her across country without ruining them.
The guy likes baseball and golf but I need to make something that sort of speaks to the whole family as well so I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas. The first person I thought of for ideas was cupcake envy and found a cool golf set
http://flickr.com/photos/cupcakeenvy/2653857449/in/set-72157605656793455/
so I was sort of thinking of making that for him and then smaller things for the rest of the family. Any ideas??? I'm not sure how to package them too. Thanks!

3 replies
cor39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cor39 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 4

If you choose something that reflects the man's personality - that will speak to the rest of the family. Something that capture's his essence. So if he is into baseball and golf I would stick to that. I love the golf set on that link that you included. I think that would be wonderful. So sad having to say goodbye to anyone. Best of luck with that.

sugarbees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbees Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 4

I agree do whatever interests him and they family will be happy..huge hugs to your friend..as far as packaging if you don't have a supplier arond you go to a bakery and see if they will see you a cupcake box or too.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I think what I'll do is the golf set and a baseball and then for his daughters, mini purses. his wife likes flowers so I'll do a mini round with a nice gumpaste rose and his grandaughter is barely 2 so I think I'll do another mini cake with a fondant bear on top. My friends wants snacks for anyone that might drop by too so I'm going to a couple dozen petit fours or cake balls. Cake balls would be easier probably. I just have to figure out how to package the little cakes so they don't get ruined on the plane ride. I have a few days to figure that out though... If anyone else has any thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%