Paisley Wedding Cake With A Top Tier

Decorating By jenniferus2002 Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 2:00pm by jammjenks

jenniferus2002 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 7

This maybe a stupid question, but is there a tier that is shaped and made for the paisley shapes? If so where can i buy one or do i have to make it. I would like to have the top layer on a tier like the other shaped cakes can have. Thanks

6 replies
mbt4955 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:49am
post #2 of 7

Wilton has a paisley set - I think there are three different size pans. I don't know if you can buy them individually. Fat Daddios makes "comma" shaped pans. Here is one link, but I'm sure there are a lot of different sources.

jenniferus2002 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 7

Well i do have the pans already but i was actually wanting the piers like the one in this photo. Just for the paisley shape. Maybe this can not be done, but i would like to try.

mbt4955 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 7

Sorry - I should have read slower and paid more attention!! I'll bet you have to cut your own, but maybe someone who actually knows will post! icon_redface.gif

disp4so Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 7

I just did an extensive internet search and came up with nothing. If you want paisley shaped separater plates I think you will have to make them yourself.

sorry icon_sad.gif

jenniferus2002 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:44am
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys i actually was thinking since i could not find it either that i might have to make one up. I'll post a picture if i figure it out. Thanks again!

jammjenks Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 2:00pm
post #7 of 7

I'll bet you could make one out of foam board. Just use the pan as a template. Then you could put them on pillars. The home-made board wouldn't have feet to lock into the pillar tops, but it should still be fine to just rest on them. Your cake would be unique as I haven't seen one separated out in that shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%