Bc Recipe That Won't Waste Good Ingredients

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 11:13pm by MacsMom

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 8

Lol...that title should draw some attention!

What I was wondering is I am doing a cake challenge of sorts this weekend, and we're required to bring BC with us. Since it's not a cake that will be eaten (my understanding anyways), what would anyone recommend as far as a recipe goes, but still having good spreadability...new word: spreadability...hee hee.

I was thinking...maybe the Wilton tub-o-frosting? Would that be good? I am used to working with SMBC now, haven't messed with regular BC in awhile.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 8

I know exactly what you mean. I sat down one Sunday with a container of canned frosting so I could practice my roses. I didn't want to make a batch of the "good stuff". I've never used the wilton icing, but whatever you buy, I'd just check out the consistancy and add PS to get it where it needs to be.

__Jamie__ Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 8

I will probably just take my chances and go buy a tub of that "I don't know what I will find when I look inside" tub of Wilton stuff. Should be good enough. Thanks for replying!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 8

How about a BC with just cheap store brand shortening and PS, and H20. I don't know how much you need, will a tub of Wilton pooh be enough? That stuff isn't very cheap either.

Wilton pooh......hehehehe icon_lol.gif Does that come in white? Alright, I'll leave now! icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

How about a BC with just cheap store brand shortening and PS, and H20. I don't know how much you need, will a tub of Wilton pooh be enough? That stuff isn't very cheap either.

Wilton pooh......hehehehe icon_lol.gif Does that come in white? Alright, I'll leave now! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm supposed to have 10 cups...I will go to Walmart and check the amount in the tub. And yes, pooh is right! I got done covering a bunch of dummies a while back in Wilton fondant.....the smell in my cake studio is overpowering! Smells like sugared bug spray! icon_sad.gif Barf!

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 8

I agree with Dkelly27. Cheap shortening, cheap ps and water. I do that just to practice with. I buy mine from Save-a-lot here.

__Jamie__ Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 8

Ahhhhh, yeah I might just whip some up at home, thanks guys!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:13pm
post #8 of 8

I've tried that tub of Wilton stuff - it's actually pretty good icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%