Is There A Good Recipe For White Choc Fondant Going Aroung?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 5:58am by conchita

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 11

I need a recipe for white chocolate fondant if anyone has one. I'd like to try making it before I have to buy some. It seems I've heard that you can add white choc to premade fondant. Is that one way to do it? icon_confused.gif I know the premade kind is very good and expensive.

10 replies
mommapaul3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommapaul3 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 11

I got this recipe from a friend who got it from one of her students who (I think) is the one who developed it. Unfortunately, there are no directions, just the ingredient list. I made it in December for a wedding cake and everyone loved it.

My only problem was that the gelatin had a tendency to clump up, so I'm assuming I did something wrong putting it together. Also, it's best to work with this while it's a bit chilled so the heat from your hands doesn't make it too soft (because of the chocolate).

I would keep it refrigerated when not using it, but once it's on the cake you don't really need to keep it refrigerated (although I would NOT put it anywhere near a heat source - learned that the hard way).

White Chocolate Fondant
2 lbs. powdered sugar
5 tsp. powdered gelatin
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 Tbs. glycerin

10 oz. melted white chocolate
1/3 cup corn syrup

Hope this helps.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 11

Heres a link to my recipe. Just add chopped white chocolate, 4-6 ounces, or some white chocolate chips to the cooking process. It tastes fastastic, if I do say so myself. icon_rolleyes.gif Regular chocolate chips make a good milk chocolate fondant.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

Since the gelatin can cause lumps, always strain the liquid before mixing it with the powdered sugar.

Michele

cocobean Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:43am
post #4 of 11

Thanks so much for the recipes momma and Michele! thumbs_up.gif Can't wait to try them!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:54am
post #5 of 11

JenniferMI has an awesome white chocolate fondant recipe on her DVD which I use all the time. It tastes great and it's a dream to work with! icon_lol.gif

cocobean Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:56am
post #6 of 11

Hey Michele, How long can I store your fondant if it is wrapped well?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 11

I loooooove Michele's white chocolate fondant thumbs_up.gif . It tastes terrific and is very easy to work with. Just be sure to knead well before using (as with any fondant).

cocobean Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:34pm
post #8 of 11

Hey guys should I even ask if I can subsitute white candy melts for the white chocolate? I don't want to have to go to the store. Probably not huh. icon_confused.gif

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:49pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarflowers

Heres a link to my recipe. Just add chopped white chocolate, 4-6 ounces, or some white chocolate chips to the cooking process. It tastes fastastic, if I do say so myself. icon_rolleyes.gif Regular chocolate chips make a good milk chocolate fondant.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

Since the gelatin can cause lumps, always strain the liquid before mixing it with the powdered sugar.

Michele

Is there a problem coloring the fondant with gel colors if you add the white chocolate?? BTW, I use your regular recipe all the time and I love it, it is a a beautiful fondant to work with!!! Thank You!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:36pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

Hey guys should I even ask if I can subsitute white candy melts for the white chocolate? I don't want to have to go to the store. Probably not huh. icon_confused.gif

The candy melts will work just fine. Most white chocolate is just a fancy version of the candy melts. True white chocolate will have cocoa butter in it. Any changes to the recipe might cause changes in the amount of powdered sugar you use and/or the amount of glycerin you need.

MissRobin, the gel color will work fine, but might make the fondant a bit soft. You might have to knead in some additional powdered sugar.

I'm very glad the recipe is so well received. My cook book has variations on the fondant as well as cake, frosting, cookie, dinner, and other recipes. Just click on the lick the spoon link in my signature line to find it.

Thanks everyone!

Michele

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:58am
post #11 of 11

Hello Michele

can you give me more information on your DVD's ?

I saw the prices and they are great prices, but i would like to know more about them.
thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%