Cake Pricing

Decorating By cmerola Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 5:19pm by cmerola

cmerola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmerola Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:09pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering what to charge for this cake. I made this cake for my niece's birthday, however I was asked to make another one and I have no clue what to charge. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
LL

6 replies
Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know what to charge for it but I think it is awesome.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 7

Wow...your cake looks AWESOME! Sorry...I know I'm not answering the question. I don't sell cakes yet..but I just like to look and see what everyone else charges. =o)

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 7

That cake is gorgeous! It looks so real! I have no idea either but if it were me, I'd start by working out the cost of my materials, then work out how much time it took (since you have already made this you'd have a good idea) and multiply that by an hourly rate that you're happy with. Add the 2 figures together and maybe give yourself an allowance for if things go wrong. Like I said, I have no idea - I don't sell cakes either but that seems a good starting place to me. I'm interested in how people price their cakes too!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 7

Awesome job on the purse cake! IMO, carved, fondant handpainted details, at least $4.00 a serving.HTH

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 7

For my 3-D cakes I start at $150 regardless of whether they want 10 servings or 25. After that it goes up $4-5 a serving depending on how complicated it is.

cmerola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmerola Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks CC members. I feel funny charging people. My friends and family said that I didn't charge enough for my Tiffany cake and now this cake, I wasn't quite sure where to begin. But $150 sounds like a good starting price. Thanks againt

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%