Frosting/filling Using Whoppers Candy?

Baking By chilz822 Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 8:09pm by roxiebaby

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 6:50am
post #1 of 6

Watching one of the Food Network Challenges this weekend, there was a cake presented that had a filling made with Whoppers (malted milk ball candy).

Does anyone have a receipe for this?

5 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 6

No recipe, but I do make a lot of candy inspired cake flavor/filling combos.

There are a couple of ways to achieve the flavor that you are wanting, it just depends if you want the crunch or not. I will give you a couple of ideas.

1. Make your favorite chocolate BC recipe, add malted milk powder by the tbsp. until you get the desired flavor of malted milkyness.

2. Make your favorite BC recipe and add coarsely chopped malted milk balls, stir gently. Can only be used as filling, since its got chunks in it. Make sure you fill your cake carefully or else you will tear up the cake.

3. (My personal favorite) Make a chocolate ganache and your favorite vanilla BC. Add the malted milk powder to your BC to taste. Cover your cake with the ganache and allow to harden in the fridge overnight. Cover with a layer of the malted BC, and top with another layer of ganache. Refridgerate and allow to set before frosting or fondanting. Again can only be used as filling.

Hopefully that will get your creative juices flowing...

chilz822 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 6

Ohhhhh, sillyme, why was I trying to make this more complicated than it was??? Your ideas are wonderful and I really want to try the ganache suggestion, but after reading so many stories of 'what did I do wrong with my ganache...' posts, I'm afraid.

Is it really that complicated?

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 12:45am
post #4 of 6

Its not once you ge the right recipe for what you are trying to do.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2116-2-Chocolate-Ganache-1.html

I like this one. People say its not a true ganache, because ganache has only 2 ingredients, just cream and chocolate, but I LOVE it. Its spreadable, and tastes just the same. Very trufflely, like the recipe says. I have never gone wrong with this recipe.

chilz822 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 1:24am
post #5 of 6

oohhhhhh... I'm off to try it, thanks!
icon_smile.gif

roxiebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxiebaby Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 6

I also saw the cakes made with whopper candy. You can go to the Food Network website and seach for Whopper cake recipe and the recipe will show up. The show was the one of the "Recipe Challenge shows" on a sunday evening. . .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%