Renting Kitchen Space?

Decorating By chilz822

chilz822 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:47am
post #1 of 1

Good evening all,
Before I ask my question, let me preface by saying... this has nothing to do with being a licensed baker or not. I'm not asking nor do I need to know anyone else's legal status, that's not what this is about. OK? icon_biggrin.gif

That being said... I'm so new to this, I'm not even sure if I'm an official 'hobbyist' yet. I'm hooked, that's for sure! I have a couple of cakes under my belt and scads of cuppies. I've been experimenting and using my co-workers as guinea pigs, and they're loving it!

In my area, I understand that if I want to pursue this for anything other than a hobby, I need to be licensed (I'm talking about me, not you!). There's no way I can meet the requirements in my area (seperate kitchen, etc), at this time. Someone today suggested that I contact local organizations such as churches, halls, etc. and inquire about renting kitchen time (since they are already licensed and approved) for when I had a customer. Have any of you ever done this? Is this a good idea? Is it economically feasable for the occassional baker? If it's a good idea, how do I approach these places and what can I expect for rental cost?

Any input regarding my own situation would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you all.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%