Freezing Sugar Cookie Dough

Baking By shanasweets Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 1:42am by cdgleason

shanasweets Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:30am
post #1 of 8

I use Penny's receipe for my dough. I froze it for a week in triple wrapped suran wrap, in freezer bag. When I thawed it was very brittle, crumbly. It did not cook up smooth and overcooked easily. Not nice and soft like usual. I have frozen cookies after cooked before wihtout any problems. Is there a problem freezing the dough.

7 replies
fat-sissy Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 8

I haven't used Penny's recipe before, but have frozen NFSC dough with no trouble at all. I'm not sure what happened.

shiney Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 8

Sltok: It happened to mine too! They were beautiful, didn't need it all, so I froze it, and then they were crumbly! I wish I knew the answer. I did let them come to room temp to see if that would help, but it didn't.

motherofgrace Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 8

has anyone frozen the "best rolled sugar cookie" dough?

luv2bake6 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 8

I've also frozen a bunch of disks of dough and never had a problem. I wrap each disk in plastic wrap and then put them into freezer ziploc bags.

misabel99 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:01am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

has anyone frozen the "best rolled sugar cookie" dough?

yes I freeze it all the time without a problem.

motherofgrace Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:23am
post #7 of 8

the raw dough? or baked? (ive dont it baked just want to make sure!)

cdgleason Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:42am
post #8 of 8

I freeze sugar cookie dough all of the time! I always roll it into a giant log, wrapped in a couple layers of plastic wrap and freeze! Remove from the freezer and put into the frig for at least a day or so, then I slice and bake!! It's much like the slice and bake cookie dough you can buy in the grocery stores, but it's home made and a thousand times better!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%