Which One Is Best !

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 7 Feb 2009 , 1:26am by SpringFlour

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 2:51am
post #1 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif I need to make a Wedding Cake, The Young Lady is asking for Buttercream. I always used Fondant, Never, Buttercream. I would like to know from you all. If I may & with Respect to the one's that Made these Buttercream, Which one I should use best & Thank you for your Time, I appreciate it. Thank you too to the one's that Made These Buttercream.

Buttercream Dream or Indydebi's Crisco-Based Buttercream Icing.

Thanks
Margie from CT thumbs_up.gif

9 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:40am
post #2 of 10

I've made Indy's and I really love it - its easy to make, its light and fluffy, it tastes good and it smooths very nicely. I have not made the buttercream dream - good luck with whichever you pick!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:45am
post #3 of 10

I really like buttercream dream. It's easy to work with. I have never tried Indy's recipe though, but I've heard good things about it.

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:16am
post #4 of 10

Let me know if you did both & Which one you liked best Or What was the Difference. Between them, Please & Thank You. thumbs_up.gif '

Thanks for Your Time icon_biggrin.gif
Margie From Ct

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 10

I only use indydebi's BC however, I use hiratio an the hot liquid that sugarshack uses in her recipe. It's the creamiest BC I have had used and it works for everything. It also crust very well.

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 10

I use the crusting buttercream from here it has a good taste but is grainy no matter what ps I use. Would like to try the hiratio shortening but can't find it locally. Anyone have any suggestions? I would love to find a great buttercream for a wedding cake I have at the end of the month.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyone65

I use the crusting buttercream from here it has a good taste but is grainy no matter what ps I use. Would like to try the hiratio shortening but can't find it locally. Anyone have any suggestions? I would love to find a great buttercream for a wedding cake I have at the end of the month.

Give indydebi's BC a try, you'll love it! She only uses crisco and it's very smooth.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:40pm
post #8 of 10

I always use buttercream dream .. I tried Indydebis icing once and did not care for it ... I felt as though it was really grainy tasting .... the buttercream dream is very smooth and crust's pretty nice as well ...

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:22am
post #9 of 10

I like the buttercream dream. Easy to work with and crusts well if you want a crusting buttercream.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 1:26am
post #10 of 10

I've used and loved both. I think I prefer the flavor of Buttercream Dream, but they're both really good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%